Induction to NHS is not a right but an honor and a privilege. NHS promotes recognition of students who reflect outstanding accomplishments in the areas of scholarship, character, leadership and service.
Guidelines to be considered for membership:
- Enrolled at Clay for at least one year.
- Maintain a 3.5 cumulative GPA by the end of first semester of junior/senior year.
- No out-of-school, in-school suspensions, or full extended days during the year he/she is eligible.
- All students who meet the criteria will be sent a letter and activity sheet after the first semester of their junior/senior year.
- Student must complete the activity sheet and show evidence of the following:
- Juniors – participation in at least 3 activities (clubs, athletics, music/arts), two of which are different during years at Clay.
- Seniors – participation in at least 5 activities (clubs, athletics, music/arts), three of which are different during years at Clay.
- Display evidence of community service (outside of school hours) with a school or community organization.
- Activity sheets with teacher recommendations are reviewed by a faculty selection committee.
- Once selected, NHS members are required to maintain the standards of scholarship, character, leadership and service.
2016-2017 Induction Process Timeline
- Monday January 30 - Candidate information packets distributed during 1st period
- Thursday February 9 - Deadline for candidate information packets to be submitted
- Wednesday February 22 - Membership status letters distributed during first period
- Wednesday March1 - New inductee meeting during STRIDE in the auditorium
- Wednesday April 5 - Induction Ceremeony at Clay High School
Ms. Bethany Kohler and Miss Vallie Robeson are the co-advisors
|General Meetings||Officer Meetings||Important Dates|
September 21, 2016
|September 7, 2016
October 5, 2016
November 2, 2016
December 7, 2016
January 4, 2017
February 1, 2017
March 1, 2017
September 30, 2016:
April 5, 2017:
|Vice President||Calee Reynolds|
|Service Project Chair||Marisa Vislay|
|Volunteer Chair||Kerrigan Murphy|