This news article will be used to house informational documents that may assist our students and parents with the district issued technology - specifically during our school district's closure.
- AT&T - consumer home internet wireline & Fixed Wireless - unlimited internet data & will continue to offer internet access for qualifying limited income households at $10 a month through the Access from AT&T program.
- BuckeyeBroadband - Buckeye Broadband is currently working with local schools to provide a lifeline internet speed to students who are now homebound and unable to receive classroom lessons. This service is being offered to low income families, or families that require government assistance, and do not currently have internet in the home. In this case, Buckeye Broadband will provide an internet connection at no charge. By completing this form, you are ensuring that you meet these qualifications. Once this has been verified, you will receive more information on how to proceed. The parent or guardian in the household (must be 18 years or older) must be the point of contact for this process.
- Spectrum - Charter (parent company to Spectrum) is offering free access to Spectrum Broadband and Wi-Fi for 60 days for new K-12 and college student households and more.
- Parking Lots At Our Buildings
- Chances are good that if you are in our parking lots (in close proximity to the building) students should be able to connect to our district WiFi.
- Turning Your Cell Phone Into a WiFi access point
- Specifically for our K-6 students, having a school issued device at home is something new and we want to assist with connecting to your WiFi at home as well as getting your students logged in to their Chromebooks.
- Those students in grades 7 & 8 (with Chromebooks) and 9-12 (with MacBooks) have been taking their devices home all year, so we don't expect there to be many questions about logging in and using the device at home.
CLEANING YOUR DEVICES:
- We also have some cleaning recommendations for technology devices.
- This is beneficial for ALL students and parents to read.
- For our 7-12 students - the device that comes home has been that students' device all year.
- Do know that the device that is coming home with the K-6 student is used primarily, if not exclusively, by YOUR student, but you may wish to give it a cleaning when it comes home.
- Please refer to the document below for these recommendations.
- If your student experiences any difficulties using the device or has any physical damage during our closure - please email [email protected].
- If the question is related to lessons, activities, assessments, grades, or anything else related to their courses or curriculum, they (or the parent - if a K-6 student) should email their teacher directly.
HOW WILL MY STUDENT GET SCHOOLWORK?
- This will happen in potentially a variety of ways.
- Paper copies or calendars may be sent home with the students.
- Digital copies may be distributed via principal weekly newsletters, ClassDojo (if the building uses this), or via Schoology (grades 5-12) or Google Classroom (grades K-4).
CLICK THESE LINKS TO OPEN THESE INSTRUCTIONAL DOCUMENTS: